World Cup 2018: Denmark vs. Peru schedule, how to watch live
Gabe Fernandez @thelatinochild
Published on Jun. 6, 2018
Jun. 6, 2018
In its first World Cup appearance since 1982, Peru will be facing a talented Danish team that wants to make some noise in Russia.
Both teams qualified for the World Cup after stellar performances in their respective playoffs. Peru defeated New Zealand over two legs, and Denmark smashed Ireland thanks to a Christian Eriksen hat trick.
Sign up for a free seven-day trial to watch the World Cup on fuboTV!
The two squads will join France and Australia in Group C of the competition . Considering France's powerhouse roster, this match will be pivotal in deciding which team likely finishes second and makes it out of the group stage.
World Cup schedule: Denmark vs. Peru
When: Saturday, June 16, 12:00 p.m. ET
Where: Saransk, Russia, Mordovia Arena
MORE: Full World Cup schedule
Denmark vs. Peru TV channel, live stream
In the U.S., Denmark vs. Peru will be broadcast live on FS1. It can also be live-streamed on fuboTV (7-day free trial).
Goalkeepers: Kasper Schmeichel, Jonas Lossl, Frederik Ronow
Defenders: Simon Kjaer, Andreas Christensen, Mathias Jorgensen, Jannik Vestergaard, Henrik Dalsgaard, Jens Stryger, Jonas Knudsen
Midfielders: William Kvist, Thomas Delaney, Lukas Lerager, Lasse Schone, Christian Eriksen, Michael Krohn-Dehli
Forwa rds: Pione Sisto, Martin Braithwaite, Andreas Cornelius, Viktor Fischer, Yussuf Poulsen, Nicolai Jorgensen, Kasper Dolberg
Goalkeepers: Carlos Caceda, Jose Carvallo, Pedro Gallese.
Defenders: Alberto Rodriguez, Aldo Corzo, Anderson Santamaria, Miguel Araujo, Miguel Trauco, Christian Ramos, Luis Advincula, Nilson
Midfielders: Pedro Aquino,Wilder Cartagena, Christian Cueva, Edison Flores, Paolo Hurtado, Andy Polo, Renato Tapia, Yoshimar Yotun.
Forwards: Paolo Guerrero, Andre Carrillo, Raul Ruidiaz, Jefferson Farfan.
Denmark vs. Peru facts
- This will be the first ever encounter between Peru and Denmark.
- One of the original participants in 1930, Peru qualified for their fifth World Cup after beating New Zealand in the play-offs. Itâs their first appearance since 1982, which is the biggest gap of years (36) be tween appearances at the World Cup for any of the 32 teams qualified for the 2018 tournament.
- Peruâs only previous World Cup outside the Americas was in 1982 in Spain where they didnât get past the first round (D2 L1). They are winless in their past six games at the World Cup (D2 L4), with their last win in the tournament coming nearly 40 years ago, on 11 June 1978 against Iran (4-1).
- Peru have faced the eventual World Cup winner in each of their four previous World Cup appearances (Uruguay in 1930, Brazil in 1970, Argentina in 1978, Italy in 1982).
- Denmark have reached the knockout stages in three of their four previous World Cup appearances but never progressed past the quarter-finals (1998).
- Only two of Denmarkâs 16 games at the World Cup have ended in draws (W8 L6). Meanwhile, they have kept only one clean sheet in their last 11 World Cup games, against France in 2002 (2-0).
- All 27 of Denmarkâs goals at the World Cup have come from inside the box.
- Top scorer (11) and assist provider (3) for Denmark during the 2018 World Cup qualifiers, Christian Eriksen was directly involved in 56% of his teamâs goals. Six of his 11 goals came from outside the box.
- TeoÌfilo Cubillas has scored 10 and assisted two of Peruâs 19 goals at the World Cup (63%).
- This is AÌge Hareideâs first major tournament as manager. The Norwegian will attempt to become the second manager to take Denmark past the round of 16 after Bo Johansson in 1998.
- This will be Ricardo Garecaâs first World Cup as manager. He has taken Peru to the knockout stages in both of his previous major tournaments (Copa America semi-finals in 2015, quarter-finals in 2016).