World Cup 2018: Denmark vs France prediction, team news and preview as both nations battle to top Group C
By Toby Gannon23rd June 2018, 2:58 pmUpdated: 23rd June 2018, 2:58 pm
DENMARK and France will battle it out for top spot in Group C when they meet on Tuesday.
Les Bleus have already qualified for the knockout rounds and need just a draw to go through as group winners.
Here is what you need to know about the game at the Luzhniki Stadium . . .
France may have won both their matches but they do not look indestructible.
Denmark drew last time out against Australia but have a match-winner in Christian Eriksen.
WE'RE RON THE BALL All the latest action, news, goals and gossip from the World Cup
BITTER-SWEDESweden boss clashes with German bench at World Cup after being 'disrespected'
PLAYING SHIRTYThis line-up of lionesses want to get Englandâs stars roaring
In a messiArgentina squad in revolt after attempted coup to axe flop coach Sampaoli fails
EAGLE EYESXhaka and Shaqiri face two-match bans for 'Albanian Eagle' celebrations
Raheem dreamSterling keeps place in side for Panama clash with Loftus-Cheek in for Alli
'so surreal'Roy Keane's hilarious reaction to Ian Wright's joke about Gareth Southgate
Les Bleus' have arguably the best squad at the World Cup and should have enough to at least see out a draw. Betway's offer of 3/1 on a draw and both teams to score looks a decent punt.
- Denmark and France have met twice in the World Cup, both in the fin al of game of the group stages â" France won 2-1 in 1998 and Denmark won 2-0 in 2002.
- Denmark and France are meeting at a sixth major tournament after Euro 1984, Euro 1992, World Cup 1998, Euro 2000 and World Cup 2002. France went on to win three of those five previous tournaments.
- France have won six of their last seven games against Denmark (L1), with the only defeat in that run coming in the 2002 World Cup.
- Olivier Giroud has scored each of Franceâs last three goals against the Danes, most recently a brace in a 2-1 victory in October 2015.
- Denmark have lost four of their last five World Cup games against fellow European nations, with the exception in that run being a 2-0 win against France in 2002.
- If Denmark are awarded a penalty in this match, it will be the first time since Group C in 1998 that all four teams have had a penalty in a single World Cup group â" that group also contained France and Denmark.
- France have only won all three of their group stage games at a World Cup finals once before, back in 1998 when they went on to win the tournament. Their third win in that edition also came against Denmark.
- Since his debut for the national side in March 2017, only Olivier Giroud (11) has been involved in more goals for France than teenager Kylian MbappÃ© (10; 5 goals, 5 assists).
- Denmarkâs Christian Eriksen has scored 17 goals in his last 20 appearances for the national side.
- Franceâs Kylian MbappÃ© could become the first teenager to score in more than one World Cup match since Englandâs Michael Owen did so in 1998.